PROMISES OF OUR LORD JESUS TO THOSE WHO VENERATE THE IMAGE OF DIVINE MERCY

Jesus also made specific promises to those who venerate the Image of Divine Mercy. He told St. Faustina,
"These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father. Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him". (Diary 299)
"I promise that the soul that will venerate this Image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory. (Diary 48)
I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this Image with the signature: “Jesus, I trust in You.” (Diary 327)
By means of this Image I shall be granting many graces to souls; so let every soul have access to it. (Diary 570)
By means of this Image I shall grant many graces to souls. It is to be a reminder of the demands of My mercy, because even the strongest faith is of no avail without works. (Diary 724)
The Image of Divine Mercy is the painting of a vision of Jesus which St. Faustina saw on 22nd February 1931 while she was living in her monastery in Plock, Poland. Jesus specifically instructed her to have the vision painted and asked that the painting would have the words, “Jesus, I Trust in You” inscribed clearly on the painting. He explained that the Image would be the Image for His new feast celebrating His Divine Mercy which He wished to establish in the Catholic Church, through His revelations to St. Faustina.
The Image is an actual visual representation of the person of Jesus as He appeared to St. Faustina. St. Faustina describes that night in her diary as follows: “The evening, when I was in my cell, I saw the Lord Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand was raised in the gesture of blessing, the other was touching the garment at the breast. From beneath the garment, slightly drawn aside at the breast, there were emanating two large rays, one red, the other pale. In silence I kept my gaze fixed on the Lord; my soul was struck with awe, but also with great joy. After a while, Jesus said to me, Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus, I trust in You. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and then throughout the world. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over its enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory".(Diary 47-48)
Throughout the Diary of St. Faustina, Jesus reveals to her that the Image is much more than just a painting or religious Icon. Jesus willed that this Image be a central feature of the Feast of Mercy and also a “vessel of graces” to which everyone could come to Him seeking graces and mercy. (Diary 327) Jesus also revealed that the Image would draw many souls to His Love and Mercy that otherwise might not have found Him. He told St. Faustina in 1937, “Already there are many souls who have been drawn to My love by this Image. My mercy acts in souls through this work”. (Diary 1379) It is estimated today that there are over 100 millions Divine Mercy devotees worldwide.
It is clear from the Diary of St. Faustina that this Image of Divine Mercy is a ‘living Image’ from the number of occasions where St. Faustina was granted extraordinary graces to see how the rays coming from the Image would pierce the hearts of those present in a church and then spread out all over the world. The following passages are just two of the many occasions when St. Faustina has visions of the Image as being alive:
“On Friday, when I was at Ostra Brama to attend the ceremony during which the Image was displayed, I heard a sermon given by my confessor, Father Sopocko. This sermon about Divine Mercy was the first of the things that Jesus had asked for so very long ago. When he began to speak about the great mercy of the Lord, the Image came alive and the rays pierced the hearts of the people gathered there, but not all to the same degree. Some received more, some less. Great joy filled my soul to see the grace of God. Then I heard the words, You are a witness of My mercy. You shall stand before My throne forever as a living witness to My mercy”. (Diary 417)
“Today I have started a novena to Divine Mercy. That is, I place myself in spirit before the Image and recite the Chaplet which the Lord has taught me. On the second day of the novena, I saw the Image, as it were, come alive, adorned with numberless votive lamps, and I saw great crowds of people coming there, and many of them were filled with happiness”. (Diary 851)
It is Jesus’ Will that everyone know that He wishes to grant unimaginable graces to those who venerate this holy Image of Divine Mercy. He told St. Faustina, “I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this Image with the signature: “Jesus, I trust in You”. (Diary 327) Jesus described His desire to grant people graces by telling St. Faustina, “The flames of mercy are burning Me, clamouring to be spent; I want to pour them out upon these souls”. (Diary 50)



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP